This Anti-Human Trafficking Internship in Cape Town gives interns a professional platform where they can make an impact against trafficking in both prevention and rehabilitation for survivors while gaining experience in employable areas such as marketing, research, and counseling. Interns are matched to a counter-trafficking organization based on their skills and experience to ensure they are able to offer assistance that contributes to the overall mission of the host organization.
AS AN INTERN, YOU WILL:
- Be matched to an organization based on your skills and experience to maximize your internship and ensure you are able to contribute responsibly and effectively
- Work with an experienced team in the area of prevention, advocacy and awareness, or victim assistance and rehabilitation
- Receive in-depth training and insight into human trafficking on a global and local scale
- Get involved with tasks and initiatives that make a clear and beneficial contribution to the overall goals and mission of the organization
- Have a fully immersive schedule that is professional, productive, and challenging
- Be fully supported by an off-site counselor in order to discuss your journey and debrief in a confidential setting
- Live and work in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with iconic attractions such as Table Mountain and the Cape of Good Hope on your doorstep
About the Destination
Cape Town has received numerous awards over the years, including “Best Destination in Africa” and “Most Beautiful City in the World”. It is an iconic South African city that hums with activity and unique experiences throughout the year. Whatever you are interested in, Cape Town has something for everyone.
You will get ample opportunities to immerse yourself in the colorful cultures, adventure activities, and cosmopolitan energy of this iconic city. Paraglide off Lion’s Head, snorkel with seals, go on a safari, visit award-winning vineyards and restaurants, or soak up the warm African sun on one of the beaches.
You will be staying at our volunteer and intern house in the heart of Muizenberg during your time in South Africa. Muizenberg is a beachside suburb known for its surfing subculture and Bohemian atmosphere and the house is fully equipped, secure, and within walking distance to the beach, bars, and restaurants.
Due to the sensitive nature of this work, interns will be assessed on their skills and experience during the application process and placed in an area within the organization where they can offer the most value.
Fun & Travel
Whether you are wandering around the artsy Bohemian streets of Observatory, exploring the colorful streets of Bo-Kaap, or strolling through the Dutch architecture lined streets of Stellenbosch, Cape Town is a multicultural melting pot. Go on a street art tour through Woodstock or a township tour for a truly intimate glimpse into the city.
Dates & Rates
Our internship fee includes:
- Accommodation throughout your stay
- 3 delicious meals a day cooked by a local chef
- Airport pick-up and drop-off by the African Impact team
- 24/7 support from experienced international and local staff members
- Full orientation, training, and guidance
Our internship fee excludes:
- Medical or travel insurance
- Visa-related costs
- Weekend trips or tours that are not on the itinerary
- Snacks, soft drinks, gifts, or souvenirs