- Any cancellation or postponement/deferral must be agreed in writing (email) by the participant and an African Impact staff member.
- Generally, once payments are made, they become non-refundable.
- At no time does any refund include travel or extraneous expenses as part of your travel plans.
- All refunds will incur a 10% admin fee to cover foreign exchange conversion and bank charges.
1. Where you choose to cancel your placement
- If you cancel your placement up to 60 days before the start of your placement and have already paid your program fee in full, we will issue a travel voucher for the full amount paid that can be used for future travel dates. Should you not be able to travel on future dates, on management discretion, we will offer a refund to a maximum value of 50% of the amount paid less the 10% admin fee and non-refundable deposit of GB£ 150 | US$ 200 | EU€ 175 | AU$ 300 | ZAR 3,000. If you have not yet paid in full, the non-refundable deposit is guaranteed for life, for you only.
- If you cancel your placement between 31 – 60 days from your start date, you will not be eligible for a refund. However, we will offer a travel voucher to the full value paid to be used within 12 months. If a payment extension was granted (in writing) and you decide to cancel within this period having only paid the deposit, the non-refundable deposit is guaranteed for life, for you only.
- If you cancel your placement within 30 days of your start date or should not arrive at your placement for conditions outside of African Impact’s control, we can unfortunately not return any payments to you and you will forfeit the fee already paid. Please check when you arrange travel insurance that a cancellation clause is part of the policy.
- If you do not wish to cancel your placement, but instead postpone, African Impact commits to offering one deferral at no additional cost if a written request is received 60 days or more before your start date. The original fee quoted will be valid for 12 months from your original start date. After 12 months, you will be liable for the difference in fees taken in account of our annual fee changes.
- A postponement or deferral is only available if it is requested 60 days or more before your placement start date. If written notice of a deferral is not provided by you, you will have no right to a refund. If you are requesting a deferral within 30 days of your placement start date, this will be at the express permission of the Sales Manager and may incur transfer fees.
- If you opt to take the one free deferral option and later choose to cancel your new placement, you will not be eligible for a refund, whether you have only paid the deposit or paid in full.
- If you choose to defer your placement for a second or third (or more) time a transfer fee of GB£ 30 | US$ 40 | EU€ 35 | AU$55 | ZAR 600 fee will apply and any change in program fee will be payable.
2. Where African Impact cancels or suspends a placement
- African Impact reserves the right to cancel or suspend a program if it believes the circumstances warrant it.
- In the unlikely event of us having to cancel your placement for reasons within our control, our first recourse, if possible, will be to offer an alternative program. If this is not acceptable to you, we will offer a travel voucher to the full value paid to be used at any future date and program fees will be frozen for 12 months from your original start date. Please note, if you are re-booking beyond this 12 month period you will need to pay the difference if there is a change in program fees. If neither of these options is acceptable to you, we will refund 50% of the cost of the program, excluding the GB£ 150 | US$ 200 | EU€ 175 | AU$ 300 | ZAR 3,000 non-refundable deposit and the 10% administration fee.
- If we cancel your placement for reasons outside of our control (such as natural disasters, disease outbreaks, war, acts of terrorism, civil unrest) our first recourse, if possible, will be to offer an alternative program. If this is not acceptable to you, we will offer a travel voucher to the full value paid to be used at any future date and program fees will be frozen for 12 months from your original start date. Please note, if you are re-booking beyond this 12 month period you will be liable for any change in program fees.
- For cancellations resulting from circumstances outside of our control, all program fees will remain non-refundable.
- In either case of African Impact canceling or suspending a program, we will not be liable to refund you for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking, such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable connecting flights, etc. It is your responsibility to ensure the travel insurance policy you purchase at the time of booking provides assistance for cancellations.
- All specials are valid for bookings between the dates specified in the advert.
- Specials are only applicable to African Impact owned and operated programs and do not include programs run by 3rd party operators (unless otherwise stated).
- All specials applied, are for your current booking only. If you choose to postpone your placement then the special will only be valid for 12 months from your original start date. If your placement is suspended by African Impact, however, the special will apply to a future booking up to 24 months from your original start date.
- Program or location-specific specials are for those designated programs/locations only and you will not be able to transfer to a different program or location.
- All payments made by Electronic Funds Transfer/Wire Transfer as part of a special (e.g. 5 – 20% off if payment is made in full) are non-refundable and only transferable to different dates.
- The Terms and Conditions of any specials offered, where different from these Terms and Conditions issued shall be annexed to the relevant special to which it relates.
4. Cost changes outside the control of African Impact
- African Impact reserves the right to pass on costs outside of their or their affiliated partners’ control (e.g. park fee increases, changes in local applicable taxes, for example, value-added-tax). However, African Impact commits to absorbing increased costs up to a total amount equivalent to 2% of the cost of the confirmed African Impact program, and for existing bookings only. If the increased costs exceed this 2%, African Impact may levy a surcharge.