There is a reason why South Africa is consistently rated one of the top travel destinations in the world. Make that several reasons! Where else can you watch the sunrise from the top of a mountain, catch a wave in the ocean and spot an elephant roaming at dusk all in the same day? President Nelson Mandela proclaimed this country as the ‘Rainbow Nation’ – a country as diverse and colorful as it is exciting and adventurous.
African Impact specializes in award winning volunteer travel that offers a diverse range of charitable projects and internships throughout South Africa. As a volunteer, you could be researching Africa’s Big 5 in the Greater Kruger, educating on HIV/AIDS in Zululand, or supporting orphaned and vulnerable youth in the Cape Flats of iconic Cape Town.
You will balance your volunteer work with bucket-list experiences such as safari’s in world famous Kruger National Park, climbing Table Mountain in Cape Town, shark cage dives or driving the world-famous road trip, The Garden Route.
Whether you’re looking for a responsible way to travel, spend your gap year, or just volunteer abroad, then an unforgettable, eye-opening and life changing experience awaits you in South Africa.
• South Africa is a Republic made up of 9 provinces.
• There are 11 official languages.
• South Africa has not one but 3 capitals: Pretoria, Cape Town and Bloemfontein.
• The country boasts the third highest biodiversity in the world.
• Visitors can see the country’s celebrated ‘Big 5’ – lion, elephant, buffalo, rhino, and leopard.
• Table Mountain in cape Town was recently inaugurated as one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature.
• South Africa has 8 UNESCO World Heritage Sites to visit, including Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years.
• The superb coastal stretches make it the world’s best land-based whale watching spot and a haven for sun worshippers and surfers alike.
• Adventure tourism is a huge in South Africa – bungee jumping, shark cage diving, whale watching, abseiling and skydiving are popular.
Explore Southern Africa on this volunteer expedition with African Impact, ticking 6 countries and over 25 adventure activities (all included in the price) off your bucket list. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below, navigate or scroll, then you are consenting to this.