Namibia Volunteer OpportunitiesClick here for more information
Namibia is a favourite with travellers who are looking for a raw, untouched paradise. Namibia adopted its name from the Namib Desert (Namib meaning ‘open space’) and is a country of compelling beauty, abundant sunshine, unspoilt landscapes and a large variety of animal life.
It’s a particularly popular destination amongst eco-tourists, as some areas of the sparsely populated country are much as they were millions of years ago. With its looming red sand dunes, the turbulent Orange River, a variety of adventure activities, traditional towns, deep canyons and spectacular bronze sunsets, Namibia is any travelers dream.
Namibia is a gateway to rugged and striking desert landscapes and is home to some of the highest and most expansive dunes in the world. The western border is made up of Atlantic Ocean shoreline, which is a popular beach holiday destination in the summer, and scattered among the sparse vegetation is Etosha National Park, where the Big Five – lions, black and white rhinos, elephants, buffalo and leopards roam.
Dotted with small historic towns, Namibia strikes a balance between untouched wild and quaint charm.
- Namibia boasts over 300 sunny days a year!
- The population of Namibia is so small that it holds the record of the second least densely populated country on earth (after Mongolia).
- The Namib Desert is 80 million years old – the world’s oldest desert.
- The Fish River Canyon is the second largest canyon in the world after the Grand Canyon. It is 161km long and was formed 500 million years ago. It can be hiked but only in cooler months between May and September.
- Sossusvlei are said to be the highest sand dunes in the world.
- Namibia is the first country in the world to include protection of the environment and sustainable utilization of wildlife in its constitution and there are many rare and endangered species of animals, birds and plant life to be seen which are preserved and protected.
- Community Volunteering
- Conservation Volunteering
- Groups & Expeditions
- Internship Programs
- View All Project Types
- Teaching & Education
- Wildlife Conservation
- Sports & Coaching
- Gender Equality
- Marine Conservation
- Child & Orphan Care
- Building & Development
- Lion Conservation
- Animal Care
- Medical & Healthcare
- Tourism Training
- Combo Projects
- South Africa