As a volunteer, you’ll get to:
- Interact with cheetahs on a daily basis during “cheetah time” every afternoon.
- Participate in the first two of the three phases of the re-introduction process: hand-raising cheetah cubs to teach them to hunt; and moving individual cheetahs into a large, secure, fenced area with prey species so they can hunt for themselves, where you will monitor them closely. The cheetah are then moved into new game reserves where they can live in the wild with no human interaction.
- Be responsible for cleaning and maintaining cheetah enclosures.
- Exercise and feed the cheetahs.
- Monitor cheetah cubs that are born in the enclosures.
- Learn all about the behavior of cheetahs and other African big cats, and gain a deeper understanding of what conservation means.