With a professional wildlife photographer as your guide, this experience takes you into the heart of the African wilderness where you will develop your skills and expand your portfolio. Within a small group, you will experience the best of the Greater Kruger area, including a trip to Kruger National Park, while capturing photographs of iconic animals and learning how to use your photos to support research and conservation initiatives. This experience is ideal for budding photographers who want to pursue a career in wildlife photography or run their own specialized wildlife photography courses in Africa.
AS A PHOTOGRAPHER, YOU'LL GET TO:
- Develop your existing skills for the next step in your career with one on one guidance and mentorship from a professional wildlife photographer
- Improve and refine your camera skills and knowledge of photography with a focus on wildlife landscape, and night photography
- Learn how to interact with nature responsibly and gain a deeper understanding of ethical wildlife photography and its role in conservation
- Contribute to research by capturing photos that can be used for I.D. kits and monitoring the health of the animals and reserve
- Embark on a day adventure through the famous Kruger National Park as a part of your photographic experience
- Learn how your new skills and photos can be used to make a difference through conservation support, marketing, and fundraising
- Gain a competitive edge by getting practical experience in the field and encountering wild animals in their natural habitat
- Immerse yourself in the African bush and famous experiences such as night drives and overnighting in an African Big 5 reserve
About the Destination
The Greater Kruger Area is a sprawling expanse of about 20 private game reserves to the west of the Kruger National Park in South Africa. Fences were dropped between the reserves in the Greater Kruger Area and the Kruger National Park in recent years to allow wildlife to roam more freely. The entire area now stretches across over 49,000,000 acres of untamed African wilderness.
Home during your 2-week stay will be a warm and welcoming tented camp just outside of Hoedspruit in the Greater Kruger Area. Surrounded by private game reserves where animals are frequent visitors and Africa unfolds in wild, sunny splendor, you will get to experience authentic bush accommodation with all the necessary comforts such as air-conditioning and WiFi.
Situated away from the city lights, on the doorstep of the world-renowned Kruger National Park, you will be in the best position to photograph giant African elephants, elusive predators, beautiful birds, strange insects, and the great starry skies. The Greater Kruger Area is a dreamscape for wildlife photographers wanting to capture the immense wonder and beauty of the natural world.
Fun & Travel
Take it Easy
Your weekends are completely free, giving you more than enough time to explore nearby attractions and try out some of the adventures the surrounding area is known for. The Blyde River Canyon is the third largest canyon on earth and perhaps the most beautiful. Hiking its soaring peaks and through its green valleys are views you will never forget. Try white water rafting and abseiling for a daring adventure or a cultural village tour if you want to experience the cultural soul of South Africa.
Dates & Rates
Our project fee includes:
- Accommodation throughout your stay
- 3 meals a day cooked by a local chef (weekdays only)
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Transport to and from project
- 24/7 support from experienced international and local staff
- An intensive induction from a professional wildlife photographer
- Guidance and support from a professional wildlife photographer
Our project fee excludes:
- Camera equipment and laptop
- Flights (we can assist with this)
- Medical or travel insurance (we can assist you with this)
- Visa-related costs
- Weekend trips or tours not on the itinerary
- Snacks, soft drinks, gifts, and souvenirs
“It was a privilege being exposed to the quality of the guides. Their knowledge is amazing. The photography course stretched me daily as I’m a new aspiring photographer. These guys have a strong work ethic, they are driven and motivated to make, as the name implies, an impact. Their programmes are really well planned and so is the organizational day to day living around the lodge. Highly professional.”
Yvette Cherry. USA
“I gained new friends and a lot of wonderful photographs. I received so much photographic knowledge and experience. All of the photography instruction was great and both professional photographers we worked with are wonderful. I really like that the program allows us to work with more than one photographic instructor to help us form our own style and opinions.”
Grace Mcleod, USA