A unique cultural, wildlife, tourism and hospitality work experience in the heart of the African bush. Further your career through hands-on training and gain the management skills needed to run an authentic African safari lodge.
- Gain unique work experience in the hospitality and tourism safari industry, including: Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Reception & Reservations and Marketing departmental training, which will help to develop your career in this adventurous and exhilarating industry
- Intern as part of your university placement or school work experience
- Live on Zimbabwe’s Leading Private Game Reserve (2016 World Travel Awards), home to African Impact’s Hands-On Lion Conservation Project and a whole host of wildlife!
- Contribute to the African Lion & Environmental Research Trust’s world’s-first Lion Rehabilitation & Release Into the Wild Program
- On your days off, explore the local area or enjoy the many activities the reserve has to offer, including: walking with lions as part of our lion conservation project, walking our 4 orphaned elephants in the reserve, going on game drives on the reserve to spot wildlife, enjoying an overnight horseback safari out in the bush or just simply soaking up the sun by the pool!
““It was one of the best experience of my life! I’ve learned so many things about the management of the park, but I also had the chance to work on all the project of African Impact. I will never forget the all the staff of Antelope Park, they were always around to give us information, to answer our questions and make us feel so proud of our work!”
Amira Kharoubi, Algeria
“I honestly couldn’t have wished for a more positive, honest and trust-worthy organization for my first time abroad! Everybody in the organization does their very best to help you! The experience will stay with you forever! Couldn’t recommend African Impact enough for promoting positive tourism.”
Jess Church, UK
Dates & Rates
Our internship fee includes:
- Accommodation throughout your entire stay at Zimbabwe’s Leading Private Game Reserve 2017 – a lodge surrounded by wilderness and shared by our volunteers, interns, staff and guests
- 3 delicious meals a day cooked by chefs from the local community
- Airport pick-up and drop-off by the African Impact team
- Experienced international and local staff members who are there to support you 24/7
- Full training and mentoring within your chosen field
Our internship fee excludes:
- Flights to your chosen destination, but we can guide you on this
- Medical or travel insurance
- Visa-related costs
- Weekend trips or tours, or any other non-placement activity
- Snacks, soft drinks, gifts or souvenirs
About the Destination
There is something very special about waking up to the distant sounds of lions roaring and falling asleep to the sounds of African Wildlife all around you. Set in over 3,000 acres of open savannah grassland, Antelope Park is where you will be based during your internship. The setting provides you with opportunities to ride through the wilderness on elephant or horseback, view the abundance of wildlife in the Park or canoe on the scenic lake.
Accommodations are a mixture of comfortable twin or quad thatched rooms at the main reserve camp with clean shower and toilet facilities located adjacent to the sleeping area. Antelope Park also caters to visiting guests and you can choose to upgrade your accommodation to a river tent or lodge at extra cost.
Here, you can get up close and personal with lions and elephants on a daily basis and although you can see the Big 5 in many national parks throughout Zimbabwe, including the world-renowned Hwange National Park, there is nowhere quite like Antelope Park!
Do you want to kick start your hospitality career? Do you study tourism, hospitality, marketing or any other business related courses? Do you have a positive attitude, open-mind enjoy working hard, having fun, being adventurous and want to make a positive impact on the conservation of the African Lion? Then, this is the project for you as it gives you a chance to indulge your passion for the hospitality industry whilst contributing to wildlife conservation
Work & Impacts
Work & Impacts
Fun & Travel
Go on Adventure Trips
Fun & Travel
Observe the Wildlife
Being based in Antelope Park gives you the opportunity to walk and interact with both lions and elephants, as well as ride through the wilderness on horseback to view the wildlife in the park. During the evening, an exclusive night encounter will give you an amazing, close up experience of lions hunting in their natural environment.
Fun & Travel
Soak up the Culture... and Relax!
Your internship experience will allow you to be submerged into a new cultural environment. In the surrounding area, you can visit some impressive ancient stone ruins called “Dzimbabwes”, and on lazy afternoons, you can relax on a sundowner cruise or do a bit of canoeing. Antelope Park also has stables with horses suitable for all levels of riders – enjoy a sunrise trail ride through the reserve or try your hand at polocrosse.
Fun & Travel
Evenings are a great time to relax after a hard day’s work and socialize with other volunteers and interns at the park. Movie nights, bonfire nights, fundraising events such as an African Culture night, trivia/quiz nights, table tennis, volleyball and football are all on offer. Antelope Park has a beautiful bar area and deck where you can view stunning African sunsets over the river.