A unique cultural, wildlife, tourism and hospitality work experience in the heart of the African bush. Further your career through hands-on training and gain the management skills needed to run an authentic African safari lodge.
- Gain unique work experience in the hospitality and tourism safari industry, including: Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Reception & Reservations and Marketing departmental training, which will help to develop your career in this adventurous and exhilarating industry
- Intern as part of your university placement or school work experience
- Live on Zimbabwe’s Leading Private Game Reserve (2016 World Travel Awards), home to African Impact’s Hands-On Lion Conservation Project and a whole host of wildlife!
- Contribute to the African Lion & Environmental Research Trust’s world’s-first Lion Rehabilitation & Release Into the Wild Program
- On your days off, explore the local area or enjoy the many activities the reserve has to offer, including: walking with lions as part of our lion conservation project, walking or riding our 4 orphaned elephants in the reserve, going on game drives on the reserve to spot wildlife, enjoying an overnight horseback safari out in the bush or just simply soaking up the sun by the pool!
““It was one of the best experience of my life! I’ve learned so many things about the management of the park, but I also had the chance to work on all the project of African Impact. I will never forget the all the staff of Antelope Park, they were always around to give us information, to answer our questions and make us feel so proud of our work!”
Amira Kharoubi, Algeria
“I honestly couldn’t have wished for a more positive, honest and trust-worthy organization for my first time abroad! Everybody in the organization does their very best to help you! The experience will stay with you forever! Couldn’t recommend African Impact enough for promoting positive tourism.”
Jess Church, UK
Dates & Rates
- Airport pick-up and drop-off. An African Impact team member will be waiting to meet you and will transport you to our program base
- All accommodation and meals during your internship
- 24 hour support by our experienced staff members who live and work alongside you
- All required training, resources and guidance required to complete your internship
- Medical and travel insurance
- Flights to your chosen destination
- Visa-related fees
- Weekend trips and other non-project activities
- Items of a personal nature, including gifts, snacks and alcohol
About the Destination
There is something very special about waking up to the distant sounds of lions roaring and falling asleep to the sounds of African Wildlife all around you. Set in over 3,000 acres of open savannah grassland, Antelope Park is where you will be based during your internship. The setting provides you with opportunities to ride through the wilderness on elephant or horseback, view the abundance of wildlife in the Park or canoe on the scenic lake.
Accommodations are a mixture of comfortable twin or quad thatched rooms at the main reserve camp with clean shower and toilet facilities located adjacent to the sleeping area. Antelope Park also caters to visiting guests and you can choose to upgrade your accommodation to a river tent or lodge at extra cost.
Here, you can get up close and personal with lions and elephants on a daily basis and although you can see the Big 5 in many national parks throughout Zimbabwe, including the world-renowned Hwange National Park, there is nowhere quite like Antelope Park!
Do you want to kick start your hospitality career? Do you study tourism, hospitality, marketing or any other business related courses? Do you have a positive attitude, open-mind enjoy working hard, having fun, being adventurous and want to make a positive impact on the conservation of the African Lion? Then, this is the project for you as it gives you a chance to indulge your passion for the hospitality industry whilst contributing to wildlife conservation
Work & Impacts
Work & Impacts
Fun & Travel
Go on Adventure Trips
Fun & Travel
Observe the Wildlife
Being based in Antelope Park gives you the opportunity to walk and interact with both lions and elephants, as well as ride through the wilderness on horseback to view the wildlife in the park. During the evening, an exclusive night encounter will give you an amazing, close up experience of lions hunting in their natural environment.
Fun & Travel
Soak up the Culture... and Relax!
Your internship experience will allow you to be submerged into a new cultural environment. In the surrounding area, you can visit some impressive ancient stone ruins called “Dzimbabwes”, and on lazy afternoons, you can relax on a sundowner cruise or do a bit of canoeing. Antelope Park also has stables with horses suitable for all levels of riders – enjoy a sunrise trail ride through the reserve or try your hand at polocrosse.
Fun & Travel
Evenings are a great time to relax after a hard day’s work and socialize with other volunteers and interns at the park. Movie nights, bonfire nights, fundraising events such as an African Culture night, trivia/quiz nights, table tennis, volleyball and football are all on offer. Antelope Park has a beautiful bar area and deck where you can view stunning African sunsets over the river.