In South Africa, sport is recognized as a national resource that should be equally shared among different cultural, racial, and socio-economic sectors of society. Sport initiatives have been directed at previously disadvantaged communities as a way to redress the inequalities of the past by creating holistic development opportunities that enhance skills otherwise not taught in the school curriculum. Our wide network of partnerships, resources, and training programs work together to create safe and supportive environments for cultural exchange and multidisciplinary physical, emotional, and social development.
LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THIS PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Assisting coaches in teaching physical education sessions at schools in informal communities
- Designing sports classes at schools which include new games, fitness tests, and competitions
- Completing your service engagements with individuals from multicultural backgrounds to challenge and change perspectives
- Working in teams and encouraging understanding as crucial social aspects of the fourth industrial revolution
- Teaching sport at after-school programs, organizing fun games, setting up obstacle courses, and engaging in facilitated and supported dialogue to reflect learning
- Bringing fresh ideas and motivation to communities through physical activity
- Learning one of the many African languages
- Living and learning on one of the most beautiful continents in the world in a safe and supportive environment
Cape Town, South Africa
Cape Town has been consistently voted the world’s top tourist destination for a few years running and your stay in the buzzing city will show you why. Surrounded by the iconic Table Mountain and overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, it is blessed with incredible natural beauty that will never fail to take your breath away. Just behind its beautiful peaks, you will find Cape Point, where the Atlantic Ocean and Indian Ocean meet. And just across its glittering bay lies the infamous Robben Island, where struggle heroes were held during the liberation struggle. With its vibrant nightlife juxtaposed with the beautiful nature trails and wildlife safaris at nearby game reserves, Cape Town has it all.
A small city with friendly people, rural charm, and a spectacular backdrop of natural beauty, Livingstone is a welcoming place that will capture you heart and take your breath away. It is situated on the mighty Zambezi River and only ten kilometers from the spay of Victoria Falls. Weekends will give you the opportunity to encounter wildlife on game drives and venture onto the Zambezi for a boat cruise. For the more daring types, white water rafting, bungee jumping, and gorge swinging are all great ways to get your blood rushing. A tourist hub spot for good reason, this humble Zambian town offers an abundance of character and opportunity for discovery and learning.
Dates & Rates
Length of stay and cost of additional activities have an impact on the cost of the program. Please use the Apply Now form to get in contact with one of our Study Abroad experts.
Our program fee includes:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off by the African Impact team
- All daily transfers to and from your workshop and Action Learning locations
- Accommodation throughout your stay at our Cape Town or Livingstone home
- Three delicious meals a day, excluding weekends, cooked by chefs from the local community
- Orientation program, including a security briefing and introduction to South Africa or Zambia
- Workshops, field trips, and excursions on the program schedule
- Assistance by the African Impact team and program coordinators
Our program fee excludes:
- Flights to South Africa or Zambia, but we can guide you on this
- Personal insurance cover for the duration of the program
- Visa-related costs
- Any activities outside of your itinerary
- Snacks, soft drinks, gifts, and souvenirs