TEACH ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE IN AFRICA
Become internationally accredited to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and open the door to travel and work opportunities around the world. Complete the online course around your current schedule and join us at one of three locations in Africa to gain hands-on teaching experience via your 20-hour practicum.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT TEFL:
- Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language in more than 50 countries worldwide
- It’s a part time course, typically requiring around 10-12 hours per week of study
- The course combines academic online coursework (150 hours) with live practice teaching (20 hours)
- Learn from the best, with all online classes taught by highly qualified university professors and capped at 20 students
- Follow a state-of-the-art curriculum written by highly experienced instructors and exceed internationally-recognized requirements of minimum hours
- Gain access to recorded live lectures, webinars and chats, ensuring that you learn in an interactive setting from the comfort of your own home
- Undertake at least 20 hours of practical teaching, of which you can complete during a volunteer placement with African Impact
- Receive lifetime job placement guidance from TEFL, ensuring you can find jobs around the world once you have been certified
WHY DO A TEFL COURSE THROUGH AFRICAN IMPACT?
African Impact has partnered with TEFL to offer the comprehensive and interactive 170-hour online course that teaches the latest in teaching methodologies and practices, lesson planning skills and classroom management techniques. Through a series of course readings, tasks, peer participation, essays, and a final thematic unit, students will develop all the skills necessary to be a confident and proficient teacher.
The online TEFL course requires that each student completes 20-hours of practicum (live practice teaching), which is where African Impact comes in. By joining one of our specifically designed TEFL programs in Africa, you’ll get first-hand experience teaching English to a range of students in an even wider range of settings.
- Complete your 20-hours practicum on one of three African Impact education programs in Africa and gain real-world teaching experience
- Teach English to students of various ages; from toddlers to adults
- Leave your practicum placement a step ahead of your peers, having already gained experience of Teaching English as a Foreign Language – before you have even finished the TEFL course!
- With a serious shortage of classrooms and educational resources, formally-trained teachers make a direct impact on the lives of disadvantaged children and adults that are eager to learn