Volunteers on this project will get to:
- Be part of the first effort to release lions into the wild in Africa through this pioneering, globally-recognized lion conservation project. Enjoy close encounters with captive lions on their daily walks, and watch their natural instincts develop while collecting data for our lion rehabilitation and release into the wild program
- Work alongside a team of researchers tracking and monitoring large predators such as hyena, lion and leopard in the Zambezi National Park. Conduct surveys and research during night drives in the heart of Africa – unfenced and untamed – to discover your own night vision
- Play a part in the mitigation of human-wildlife conflict through the use of new, innovative technologies for deterring wild lions from livestock. Continue your community work through the facilitation of Conservation Education programs, and help inspire passion in the local children about the animals they live alongside.
- Enjoy living in Africa’s adventure capital, where you can fill your weekends with adrenaline activities like bungee jumping and white water rafting. Take advantage of optional trips to wildlife havens like Botswana’s Chobe National Park, or visit our wild-born cubs in release sites located at our bases in Livingstone, Zambia or Antelope Park, Zimbabwe
- Live a stone’s throw from one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World – Victoria Falls, where wildlife such as elephant and warthog roam the streets. Play a vital role in the conservation of this World Heritage Site.