As a volunteer, you will get to:
- Assist healthcare workers in providing services in maternity care (yes, that does include weighing babies!), opportunistic infection (HIV and TB) management, immunization of children, outpatient consultations and pharmacy tasks in local clinics.
- Help local staff with non-medical tasks, such as archiving, filing, maintenance and welcoming patients.
- Join healthcare workers on home visits, where you’ll get to learn more about the local community’s way of life.
- Participate in education drives on a range of subjects, from nutrition to immunization.
- Learn about healthcare services in the developing world.
- Soak up the tranquility and beauty of the African bush while you stay in the private game reserve Antelope Park.