By joining their small team of committed people in Ethiopia, you’ll have the chance to:
- Volunteer across a range of basic, grassroots projects that aim to help the Hamar people achieve sustainable livelihoods, including; education, income generation, health promotion, conservation, tourism and heritage initiatives.
- Immerse yourself in a unique volunteer experience. Your program will be tailored specifically to create the biggest impact for both the local community and yourself – taking into consideration both your personal goals and the objectives of the project.
- Enjoy a flexible working schedule. Day-to-day activities are dynamic – the project is in its early stages so you’ll be playing a part in discovering, shaping and experimenting with strategy and methodologies.
- Refresh yourself in a totally different rural location. Working alongside a small group of other volunteers from all walks of life, but who share your passion to make a difference.
- Live in the South Omo, in Africa’s Great Rift Valley, far away from any city and home to 200,000 tribal people living as they have for centuries. You’ll be stripping back to basics, letting go of technology and the modern world.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Hamar tribe, known as one of the friendliest and most hospitable people on the planet!
- Experience a deep-rooted traditional African culture, still as strong today as it has been for centuries. Learn about Hamar’s inspiring beliefs, values and way of life.
- Empower the Hamar community, helping them achieve their own ambitions within respected cultural boundaries, to live healthier lives and to work towards saving the last remaining wildlife in nearby Mago National Park.