If you are considering a career in the Media or Marketing Industry, enjoy working with people, and have a passion for adventure and exploring new cultures, then an internship in Cape Town, South Africa is the perfect opportunity for you to expand your cultural and professional horizons! Boost your resume and gain fantastic work experience for a reputable organisation in Africa. You will also have a chance to visit our Cape Town projects and experience the diverse cultures in this country rich in heritage.
Marketing And Social Media Internship At African Impact Cape Town, South Africa
Marketing and Social Media Interns will be based at our head office in Cape Town, and will report to our experienced Marketing and Social Media Managers. Interns will be involved in the day to day media and marketing aspects of African Impact.
This is a great opportunity to not only add value to your resume, but to learn about the growing volunteer travel industry and the impact we're making at our projects all over Africa.
A Certificate of Internship Participation and a Professional Letter of Recommendation will be provided at the end of your placement with us.
Cost for the 12 week program which includes all board and lodging, 3 meals a day and 24-hour support:
USD $2895 | GBP £1868 | EUR 2,227
What is the minimum stay?
Where exactly is it?
Cape Town, South Africa
What will I be doing?
Marketing and Social Media Interns will be based at our head office in Cape Town, and will report to our Sales and Marketing Managers. Interns will get involved in the day to day media and marketing aspects of African Impact as an organization
- Enhance your CV with an international internship
- Gain valuable marketing and social media skills while learning about the volunteer travel industry
- Visit some of African Impact's projects and help document and photograph them
- Immerse yourself in Cape Town’s diverse culture and spectacular geography
- Live and work in one of the most beautiful cities in the world
- Make friends for life with other volunteers and colleagues
Project Cost Includes:
- Transfer from Cape Town International Airport to the project Base
- Daily Transfers to and from the African Impact Head Office
- Orientation and introductions to Internship upon your arrival
- Full board and lodging which includes 3 meals a day at your Intern accommodation.
- Assistance in your projects by various staff and project managers.
- Full support from African Impact and your coordinator throughout your time at your placement.
Project Cost Excludes:
- Personal travel insurance for the duration of your placement, which must include cover for evacuation and repatriation
- Return Flights into Cape Town International Airport
- All items of a personal nature, such as curios, gifts, clothing (work and other)
- Soft drinks, wines and spirits
- Any required visas
- Any excursions over and above your planned itinerary with us
•A background in Marketing and Social Media will be advantageous
•A firm grasp on practical uses for Social Media in business
•Ability to brainstorm social media and marketing ideas
•Must have a firm grasp on MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
•Experience in graphic design and Photoshop advantageous
•Ability to conduct research upon request
•Experience in video and photo editing advantageous
•Your own laptop computer helpful but not necessary
You will receive 24 hour support and guidance from our African Impact staff at the project base, as well as our Head Office Team.
Want experience working in charity development and relations? Wanting to immerse yourself in African cultures while making a difference at a grassroots level? Gain practical experience in charity operations and community development projects on this exciting...read more