Work within the Tuli Wilderness and assist in tracking, observing and monitoring animal species, updating the reserve's database and assisting in the preservation and protection of Botswana's wildlife. Combine this project with a volunteer trip to Cape Town, South Africa and SAVE, plus we'll give you a free Shark Cage Dive in Cape Town! Click here for more details!
Tuli Wilderness Research And Conservation Project Tuli Wilderness is part of the vast Northern Tuli Game Reserve in South-Eastern Botswana
2 weeks GBP1203 EUR1564 USD2105 AUS2165
4 weeks GBP1850 EUR2405 USD3238 AUS3330
6 weeks GBP2405 EUR3127 USD4209 AUS4329
8 weeks GBP2960 EUR3848 USD5180 AUS5328
- Elephant behaviour - herd make-up, movements, parent/offspring behaviour, individual characteristics, feeding traits, etc.
- Predator activity - species, territory utilization, feeding and social behaviour
What is the minimum stay?
Where exactly is it?
Tuli Wilderness is part of the vast Northern Tuli Game Reserve in South-Eastern Botswana
What will I be doing?
Volunteers assist in tracking, observing and monitoring animal species and updating the reserve's database, assisting in the preservation and protection of Botswana’s wildlife
- Suitable for anybody that wants to leave civilization behind, clear their minds and enjoy pristine wilderness away from the stresses of civilization
- Perfect for anyone who has a desire to venture off the usual tourist route
- Assist in tracking, observing and monitoring animal species and updating the reserve’s wildlife
- Partake in community involvement in the schools to educate children on the value of the wildlife in their habitat
- Experience amazing opportunities to see a variety of wildlife in their natural environment
- Get to experience the beautiful country of Botswana
- Make friends for life with other international volunteers!
- Project Fee: this entails financing that goes directly back into the project that you are involved with. This project fee facilitates funding for items such as equipment, supplies, vehicles and foodstuffs, etc.
- Transfers between Johannesburg (2014 only) or Polokwane and Tuli Wilderness at the beginning and end of your project on the scheduled dates and times
- Full board and lodging for the duration of your stay
- Weekly laundry service (own underwear and socks to be washed by volunteers)
- Practical Instruction in a number of relevant topics which you will use when on this project
- All project-related transportation and equipment required to carry out your project work
- 24 hour support and guidance from the project management team
- All transport by air or bus to Johannesburg’s OR Tambo/Polokwane Airports
- Overnight accommodation in Polokwane in order to be in time for your pickup
- Any items of a personal nature such as additional food, drinks and snacks
- The appropriate personal medical and travel insurance, which must cover the entire duration of your project, and should include cover for repatriation and any activities that you will undertake
- Any additional trips or activities over and above your volunteer placement
- Telephone calls
No specific background or experience is required, just a good command of English and a passion and interest in wildlife and conservation. Volunteers should be of a reasonable fitness level as there is walking / foot-based tracking involved in the project.
Minimum age requirement is 18 years, and maximum age is 70 years old (subject to health of potential participant).