Come and volunteer in the beautiful town of Victoria Falls and gain a unique insight into local Zimbabwean culture while making a positive impact in the lives of this spirited community!
Orphan Care And Teaching Project, Victoria Falls Zimbabwe
Our focus is on responsible volunteering, particularly when it comes to vulnterable or orphaned children. We have worked with our charity, The Happy Africa Foundation, to create a set of protocols and guidelines we adhere to strictly when dealing with local communities. We encourage you to view our Child Protection Policy on our website.
What is the minimum stay?
Where exactly is it?
What will I be doing?
Make a Huge impact working with the children at our local Orphanage and Primary school, giving them the one on one attention they so deserve and contributing to their early childhood development.
- Make a positive impact in the lives of orphaned and abused children
- Give one on one attention to the children at the orphanage and assist with much needed life skills development
- Get involved with fun sporting activities and teaching assistance at the local school
- Help create sustainable initiatives for the disadvantaged community
- Play a role in the conservation efforts in the Victoria Falls area through conservation education
- Immerse yourself in local Zimbabwean culture
- Make friends for life
- Project Fee: The project fee entails financing that goes directly back into the project that you are involved with. It facilitates funding for items such as resources for the school lessons, building and farming
- All transfers to and from Victoria Falls Airport upon your arrival and departure
- Orientation program
- Full board and lodging which includes 3 meals a day
- Unlimited tea, coffee and juice throughout the day
- Laundry service during your stay
- The service of a cleaner to attend to your room each day
Project cost excludes the following:
- All items of a personal nature, such as curios, gifts, clothing (work and other)
- Flights to Victoria Falls International Airport
- Email and telephone calls made during your placement (charged out at cost)
- Any excursions over and above your planned itinerary in Zimbabwe e.g. visit to the Victoria Falls
- Personal insurance cover for the duration of your placement, which must include cover for repatriation
For this project, no specific experience is required, just a love of children and passion for humanitarian efforts!
On arrival at the Victoria Falls project, the following orientation will take place:
- You will receive your volunteer's manual which includes information that will help with your integration into the project, as well as give you further tips for your involvement at the Victoria Falls programme
- Introduction to all senior project staff and heads of department
- Familiarization of the work areas
- Familiarization with all duties you will be involved in
Throughout your stay at your placement you will have the support and guidance of experienced field-workers and coordinators. They are part of our greater African Impact support team, and will provide you with competent 24-hour field support and assistance.
Minimum 17 years, maximum decided on the health of the participant.
- First Term - 8 January to 28 March
- Second Term - 7 May to 8 August
- Third Term - 10 September to 5 December