In Africa women are considered to be a property of the man, we are therefore, hoping to help with their emancipation. We have developed an educational centre where women can Learn English, Business and Computer skills. Children will also have a safe environment to play and learn.
Local Women And Children Empowerment Project Moshi, Tanzania
6 Weeks GBP 1490 USD 2230 EUR 1860 AUD 2682
8 Weeks GBP 1775 USD 2660 EUR 2220 AUD 3195
What is the minimum stay?
Where exactly is it?
What will I be doing?
Volunteering with women and children in local communities
- Gain hands-on experience working in an African community and providing women and children with practical and life skills that will empower them
- Engage with local women in the community by teaching English, vocational skills such as making tie dye fabrics, Maasai jewelry, soaps and hair braiding, and business skills at an Educational Centre
- Experience an intimate cultural exchange as you partake in student home visits once a week – a unique opportunity to meet their family, share a meal, and learn more about Tanzanian culture!
- Help in the women’s co-operative, observe their progress or offer advice (depending on previous experience)
- Visit the student’s businesses, watch them and help them in their daily business activities
- Explore Tanzanian culture!
- Make friend for life with the other international volunteers!
- Project fee – this project is solely managed by volunteers so your project fee is used to support the students, schools, and student’s businesses with items such as exercise books, pencils, laptops, desks, tables, and startup capital such as store rent and inventory for our student’s businesses
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro International Airport to the Volunteer Base
- Accommodation in shared rooms – if you are a couple or family please let us know in advance
- Dinners – Sunday through to Friday
- Comprehensive Orientation
- Security guard and cleaning lady
- Purified water
- Support from our trained staff for the entire time of your placement
- Transportation to Tanzania
- Transportation from the Volunteer Base to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Breakfasts and lunches – kitchen is available for volunteers to use
- Dinner on Saturday (most volunteers are away on day trips or prefer to go out on the weekend)
- Visa fees – volunteers need to purchase a tourist visa upon arrival at the airport, followed by a volunteer visa which the project manager will assist you with after your arrival
- Personal travel insurance for the duration of your placement – must include cover for repatriation
- All items of a personal nature, such as curios, gifts, clothing (work and other)
- Email/ Internet and telephone calls made during your placement (internet is available in the house and volunteers are responsible for re-charging the account)
- Any activities and excursions outside of your planned project itinerary
- Soft drinks, wines, spirits, between meal snacks, and weekend food
No prior experience is required as we have detailed lesson plans developed for every subject.
Minimum 18 years, maximum decided on potential participants’ health.