Volunteer in friendly local communities and assist with sports coaching, teaching and education, AIDS/HIV awareness and childcare. Livingstone is a quaint rural town with beautiful scenery and plenty of opportunities for safari game drives in your spare time!
Livingstone Budget Volunteering - Teaching And Community Development Project Zambia
See more details under 'What Will I Do'
Book before end April 2014 and make the most of this reduced project fee
What is the minimum stay?
Where exactly is it?
What will I be doing?
Provide Teaching Assistance in under-resourced schools and help with Community Development Initiatives
- Gain teaching experience in a challenging environment, working with children from underprivileged communities
- Make a positive impact in disadvantaged children’s lives, giving them the love and attention they deserve
- Opportunity to work on building and construction projects within the community
- Immerse yourself in local Zambian culture
- Make friends for life with other international volunteers on the programme
- Opportunities to visit neighboring countries of Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe, on exciting optional excursions
- Visit the majestic Victoria Falls - also known as “the smoke that thunders” - and enjoy some of the amazing tourist activities that Livingstone has to offer!
- Project fee – this goes directly back into the project that you are involved with. It facilitates funding for items such as resources, building materials, equipment and project supplies. It also covers operational costs such as housing, communication, and project vehicles
- Full board and lodging which includes 3 meals a day at our volunteer house –please note – weekend meals are self-catered on this project
- All airport transfers from Livingstone International Airport upon your arrival and departure
- All daily transfers to and from your projects during your stay
- Comprehensive Orientation Program
- 24 hour assistance and support from the African Impact staff and Project Managers throughout your placement
- Transportation to Livingstone
- Visa fees
- Personal travel insurance for the duration of your placement – must include cover for repatriation
- All items of a personal nature, such as curios, gifts, clothing (work and other)
- Email and telephone calls made during your placement
- Any activities and excursions outside of your planned project itinerary
- Soft drinks, wines, spirits, between meal snacks, and weekend food
No previous experience is required – just a love for children! Previous teaching experience will be helpful. A competent level of both written and spoken English is also essential in order to communicate effectively with children and community partners.
Minimum 17 years, maximum dependent on the participants health.
To check out the video for this project, click here!
Meta Title content test