Join us as a volunteer on this rewarding Special Needs Education Project and gain teaching experience in a challenging environment, working with children with special needs and learning disabilities. Based in Livingstone, Zambia.
Livingstone Budget Volunteering -Special Needs Education Project Livingstone, Zambia
- Special education
- Teaching activities of daily living
- Supporting children with disabilities who have schooling requirements
- Feeding programme for children attending the school at Cheshire Homes
What is the minimum stay?
Where exactly is it?
What will I be doing?
Make an impact in uplifting the lives of these well deserving children who suffer from varying mental and physical disabilities.
- Gain teaching experience in a challenging environment, working with children with special needs and learning disabilities
- Make a positive impact in disadvantaged children’s lives, giving them the love and attention they deserve
- Work on building and construction projects within the community
- Immerse yourself in local Zambian culture
- Make friends for life with other international volunteers on the programme
- Visit the majestic Victoria Falls, also known as “the smoke that thunders” and enjoy some of the amazing tourist activities that Livingstone has to offer
- Opportunities to visit neighboring countries of Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe, on exciting optional excursions
- Project Fee: This facilitates funding for items such as building materials, equipment, supplies, etc. Project fees are also used to buy vehicles/equipment and for developing the housing for volunteers to provide for the expansion of the projects
- All airport transfers from Livingstone International Airport upon your arrival and departure
- Comprehensive orientation programme
- All daily transfers to and from your projects during your stay
- Full board and lodging which includes 3 meals a day at our volunteer house throughout the week. Please note: weekend meals are self catered on this programme
- 24 hour assistance and support from African Impact and your Project Managers throughout placement
- Personal travel insurance for the duration of your placement, which must include cover for evacuation and repatriation
- All transport by air or bus to Livingstone
- All items of a personal nature, such as curios, gifts, clothing (work and other)
- E-mail/Internet and telephone calls
- Soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and snacks
- All visas for border crossings
- Any excursions over and above your planned volunteer itinerary in Zambia e.g. visit to the Victoria Falls, white water rafting, etc.
Previous experience with special needs children is essential for this project. A competent level of both written and spoken English is also essential in order to communicate effectively with children and community partners.
Minimum 18 years, maximum dependent on the participants health.
To check out a video about our community projects in Livingstone, click here!