Provide sports coaching and physical education assistance in under-resourced schools, and make a positive impact on the lives of underprivileged children! Based in Livingstone, Zambia.
Livingstone Budget Volunteering - Sports And Community Development Project Zambia
What is the minimum stay?
Where exactly is it?
What will I be doing?
Join us as a Sports Coaching Volunteer in under privileged schools, and assist with Physical Education Training.
- Mentor very excited and often-talented children in sports and games at local schools
- Use your skills and knowledge to improve the coaching techniques of community sports leaders
- Teach students valuable life-skills lessons on teamwork, communication, nutrition, hygiene, etc.
- Empower groups of all ages, through sports to feel valued, many from very disadvantaged homes
- Work on building and construction projects within the community
- Immerse yourself in local Zambian culture
- Make friends for life with other international volunteers on the project
- Visit the majestic Victoria Falls, also known as “the smoke that thunders” and enjoy some of the amazing tourist activities that Livingstone has to offer
- Opportunities to visit the neighboring countries of Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe, on exciting optional excursions
- Engage with children in after school clubs, recreational activities and provide an escape from daily life escape from daily life (outlet for extra creative energy)
- Project Fee: This facilitates funding for items such as building materials, equipment, supplies, etc. Project fees are also used to buy vehicles/equipment and for developing the housing for volunteers to provide for the expansion of the projects
- All airport transfers from Livingstone International Airport upon your arrival and departure
- Comprehensive orientation project
- All daily transfers to and from your projects during your stay
- Full board and lodging which includes 3 meals a day at our volunteer house throughout the week. Please note: weekend meals are self catered on this programme
- 24 hour assistance and support from African Impact and your Project Managers throughout placement
- Personal travel insurance for the duration of your placement, which must include cover for evacuation and repatriation
- All transport by air or bus to Livingstone
- All items of a personal nature, such as curios, gifts, clothing (work and other)
- E-mail/Internet and telephone calls
- Soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and snacks
- All visas for border crossings
- Any excursions over and above your planned volunteer itinerary in Zambia e.g. visit to the Victoria Falls, white water rafting, etc.
No previous experience is required; some previous sports experience is useful but not essential. A competent level of both written and spoken English is also essential in order to communicate effectively with children and community partners.
Minimum age limit 17 years old, maximum dependant on participants health.
To check out a video of our community development projects in Livingstone, click here!