Make an impact in the lives of underprivileged children, from babies to teenagers, some who have no families to support them. Based at stunning Antelope Park in the Zimbabwe midlands, you'll have great opportunity to help the rural communities through education and skills development.
Antelope Park HIV/AIDS Orphan Care And Teaching Assistance Project Antelope Park, Gweru, Zimbabwe
Our focus is on responsible volunteering, particularly when it comes to vulnterable or orphaned children. We have worked with our charity, The Happy Africa Foundation, to create a set of protocols and guidelines we adhere to strictly when dealing with local communities. We encourage you to view our Child Protection Policy on our website.
What is the minimum stay?
Where exactly is it?
Antelope Park, Gweru, Zimbabwe
What will I be doing?
Work with local orphanages and schools and make a difference in the lives of underprivileged Children
- Enrich the lives of underprivileged youth in orphanages and care homes
- Encourage and mentor students in preparation and execution of school lessons
- Assist local teachers with marking exams, designing teaching aids, and assessing the progress of students
- Facilitate sports days, arts and crafts, games, storytelling, drama, singing and other extracurricular activities with the children
- Serve as a role model for disadvantaged children by offering much needed attention and support
- Immerse yourself in local Zimbabwean culture through direct engagement with the community
- Get to know the African bush while living on a private game park!
- Explore optional excursions to see more of Zimbabwe’s natural wonders and wildlife areas such as the world famous Victoria Falls, Matobo National Park, and the ruined city of Great Zim!
- Make friends for life with the other international volunteers on the project!
- Project Fee: this entails financing that goes directly back into the project that you are involved with
- All transfers to and from and overnights in Bulawayo or Harare International Airports upon your arrival and departure, if required
- Full board and lodging which includes 3 meals a day
- Comprehensive Orientation and 24- hour assistance while on your project
- All daily transfers to and from your placement sites
- Weekly laundry service during your stay
- The service of a cleaner to attend to your room each day
- International transportation to and from Bulawayo or Harare
- Visa fees
- Personal travel insurance for the duration of your placement – must include cover for repatriation
- All items of a personal nature, such as curios, gifts, clothing (work and other)
- Email and telephone calls made during your placement
- Any activities and excursions outside of your planned itinerary
- Soft drinks and other food items not included in your meals
No specific past experience is needed for this project.
Minimum 17 years, maximum decided on potential participant's health