It's no secret that access to medical care is a serious problem across Africa. HIV and AIDS are highly prevalent in the population but the availability of treatment is limited. Which is why Africa Impact are excited to announce the opening of a brand new Rural Medical Outreach Project in Zambia. If you want to experience life in the small rural town of Chimfunshi you can engage in grassroots and medically assistance within the community. Zambia shares with Zimbabwe the privilege of providing a site for the Victoria Falls, one of the “Seven Natural Wonders of the World!” This is where the adrenalin-lover can indulge in the exciting activities that take place as a result of these thundering waters, or nature lovers can simply gaze at the majestic scenery. Zambia is also a great destination to see an unbelievable variety of wildlife in the national parks and is the home to our Chimpanzee and Wildlife Project, at the world's largest Chimpanzee sanctuary! Volunteers on the Rural Medical Outreach Project will be staying at Chimfunshi Wildlife Orphanage, a wild, rustic and truly African farm in the Copperbelt area of Zambia, whilst assisting in the rural villages where resources are scarce and adequate healthcare is needed. We aim to increase support by partnering with caregivers and local volunteers in the community to provide direct assistance through assisting in a rural clinic, home-based care and outreach visits and educational forums on leading a healthier lifestyle. Highlights of the Project:
- Rural outreach - visit rural areas and offer home-based care to help with basic medical care, immunizations, family planning and education initiatives.
- Support young children with basic medical care and attention, whilst helping to create awareness of immunizations and vaccinations required for children.
- Help with HIV education and counseling, family planning, and anti-retroviral drug dispensing for HIV positive patients.
- Immerse yourself in the local culture learning all about the customs and also a bit of the language!
- Live on Chimfunshi Wildlife Orphanage in the Zambian Copperbelt – the world’s largest Chimpanzee Sanctuary and get to participate on 1 bush walk a month
- Make friends for life with other International volunteers!
What are you waiting for? Sign up now for this exciting and rewarding volunteer experience or find out more information HERE. We look forward to seeing you soon!