If you are looking for a change in career and have marketing experience, then we might have the perfect solution for you.... You will be responsible for managing a significant part of the marketing strategy for an exciting and growing voluntourism organisation based in Cape Town. The role will involve emarketing via our website and online brochures, collaborating with a variety of key people and organisations, managing specific marketing projects and responsibility for PR and communication. The role requires the confidence and experience to drive marketing projects and develop our presence online and across key networks and alliances. We are looking for a person who is passionate about community and conservation development and how volunteers can contribute to this. To be successful in this role will require drive, organisation, openess to collaborate and build on ideas, strong communication skills and an appreciation of the volunteering and why people do so. You will work closely with the Managing Director who has overall accountability for Marketing and the Social Media Manager to deliver the Marketing Strategy. E-Marketing and traditional Marketing media Responsible for our website management and maintenance, ensuring it is up to date,creating ways to ensure it is reflecting the messages and ethos of our organisation and captures potential volunteers’ attention at first glance
- Online advertising e.g. with go abroad and PPC to broaden our presence.
- Manage the design and creation of any print media, e.g. booklets, posters.
- Produce internal communications to build awareness of achievements and what’s going on across the organisation.
- Produce the required information for travel awards, of which we have won and been placed a number of times
- Develop our marketing in America to increase awareness of our organisation and build a strong reputation for what we offer e.g. via ‘service learning.
- Research new approaches, audiences and products for us to continuously develop and increase our presence as a preferred choice for volunteering in Africa
- Work with our charity, The Happy Africa Foundation, to develop stronger marketing links we can use for the benefit of both organisations and coach the charity on improvements for their marketing
- Be the contact for African Impact to collaborate with our alliance with African Encounter organisations
- Share information with our Sales Team which they will use as part of their relationship with volunteers
- Work with volunteer projects to generate material for marketing e.g. stories, video, podcasts
- Involvement in public relations - both driving awareness and responding to related articles / feedback / comments on our organisation or industry
Managing our Marketing Plans and Budget
- Work with the MD and Social Media Manager to track progress on the Marketing strategy and manage changes where required
- Produce and track the Marketing budget based on the strategy and activities agreed with the MD
Essential skills we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills - especially for more formal written communication and ability to express self well in all internal an external comms
- Strategy and planning - develop plans to deliver the right campaigns to deliver the marketing strategy
- Marketing experience - relevant experience and evidence of good results in a marketing role.
- Relationship Management - with both internal and external networks
- Financial skills - creating and tracking spend against a budget
- Appreciation of relative concepts to our industry
- Resourcefulness - in research and networking, ability to find the right information of people
- Project and Task Management - has an organised approach to the role, planning work, focussing on doing the right things and prioritising and reviewing the outcome of tasks / projects
- Collaboration and open approach - open to ideas and working with others to develop and build on ideas
- Drive - is self driven and takes initiative to get things done
- Passion - has a natural interest in community and conservation development in Africa and how volunteers can contribute to this
- Software experience - using Microsoft tools, working on a Mac and using Photoshop ans a basic, ideally have some experience in film editing software
- An understanding of international visitors and why people would want to volunteer
- Experience in a similar organisation - voluntourism, NGO, overlanding, youth travel
- Has volunteered before
- Open to travel
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to Michelle Procter on email@example.com