It is with deep regret that African Impact has had to make the hard decision to close our volunteer project in Mozambique due to legislative reasons out of our control. After being established in Mozambique for over 5 years we have managed to accomplish a huge amount working alongside the local community. African Impact, The Happy Africa Foundation and the local community stake holders have worked an exit plan to minimise any impact our departure will have. We are incredibly proud of what we have managed to achieve in the time we have spent in Mozambique and wanted to share some of out successes with you...
- *Working alongside the Escolinha de Boa Esperanca Pre-school, as a benefactor, to providing education to over 80 children each year in the Mahaque Community offering an invaluable head start on the material that they will be presented with in Primary School.
- *Assisting in developing the Escolinha de Boa Esperanca Pre-school farm, planting fruit trees, a variety of vegetables and more, much of which is used to supplement the children's diet as well as some being sold to raise income for the Pre-school. This garden continues to provide food and income for the school without the help of African Impact.
- *Undertaking renovations at the Pre-school including an adventure playground, toilet block, new storeroom, chicken tractor, new roof on main school building and a new classroom.
- *Providing a much-needed water pump for the school and surrounding community.
- *Providing an Adult English Class, free of charge and open to all, teaching 'Headway' English and equipping many students with valuable English skills for life and enabling them to seek and gain employment. We have seen the long term benefit this has given to students who attended.
- *Assisting at three orphanages in Vilanculos, providing much needed volunteer support and help with keeping the children stimulated as well as built one of the orphanages, Titos' Orphanage, a new kitchen and rondavels for the children.
- *Building approximately 30 homes for those in Vilanculos who do not have the means to build for themselves.
A massive thank you must go to everyone who has been a part of making our time in Mozambique such success and especially to all our volunteers and staff members. We are confident that the legacy built from African Impact, our staff, our volunteers and community members will continue to make a positive impact in the areas we worked. For any recent donations made to this project we will be contacting all donors to discuss options in the upcoming weeks. If anyone has any questions or would like further information please contact me, Andrew Procter on email@example.com.